New Owner of ITV26 M1161

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner of ITV26 M1161

Hello, I just picked up my 2008 M1161 ITV26 Growler. I am very excited to own a piece of Military History. My wife and I severed in the Marine Corps from 1997-2006. We were in the aviation both west coast and east coast and I was an Instructor at MCAS New River for the CH53E/D. I found it suitable that we own one of these USMC specific vehicles. I will also be looking for a good Humvee in the future to go along with this addition.

I haven't had a chance to really look the thing over much but I did notice that the power steering pump on the steering shaft is leaking and it makes noise and feels like there is air in the system so I will be looking to fix that first. Also I do not have any of the rear steer components or panels and I was wondering if that option is worth seeking to replace and make operational for the money it will cost? I am also missing the underneath skid plates and the top rear battery compartment panel that folds down. I also noticed that the tire air system is not working but will blow all the air out of the tires. Along with all that, I will be looking for seat cushions and backs for one or two seats along with the doors and canvas covers and rails to extend towards the back. Oh and first things first, I need to figure out all the filters and such to change all the fluids before I take it out to play.

I plan to use it around town if I can get it titled and registered in Missouri. Once I do, I plan to have someone make me a couple tall flag pole mounts to bolt on the back antenna mounts so that I can fly the USMC and USA Flag in parades and such when we use it during our ALR functions.

Thanks for having this forum and I look forward to doing a lot of reading to catch me up to where you all are. I look forward to putting ITV26 back on the duty roster!

ITV26
    ITV26 welcome to the Growler forum. It’s a great place to learn about these fun vehicles. You should find all the intell you need right here. It can take a couple of years to iron out all the bugs find the parts and get your MV the way you want it. Enjoy the journey. Have Fun. Paul
    Skyhawk

Comment

• ITV26
      ITV26
      ITV26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You, yes it will be a fun adventure for sure. Can't wait to get it Registered and take it down the road.

The gizmo on the steering shaft is a steering valve. Search for some good info and adjustments. Fluids are discussed several places such as here, and of-course search for the current Operator's manual (TM) for more info. Also, get upload permission from
    1978ford250
    1978ford250 to put your vehicle photos and pics on the group's Google drive. Welcome to the small-but-friendly ITV owners group!

Comment

• ITV26
      ITV26
      ITV26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and yes I will reach out to him and see about uploading some pictures of it. A lot of great info is available here. Thanks to all for that!

Hi Mike,

If you could give me a call regarding the parts your looking for 4014805221.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X