• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Growler.

Just picked up my M1163.
    can't waite to get on road.

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations Usmc33. Where are you located if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Any Photos?

Comment

Thanks. I am in Florida. My Growler was painted over in a military Green/Brown flat color? The owner said there were more the same color when this one was purchased. Has any one seen this color? What does it mean.? (going somewhere?)

Comment

I have not seen any without stencil USMC vehicle and registration numbers, but I did not see every one of them. I would think a sure thing is the white stenciling on the hood for USMC release from inventory.

Perhaps some background is available, if you post a photo of the data plate (by the driver's knee). You'll find other data plate photos here for the same historical purposes.

Comment

• W427
              W427 commented
              Editing a comment
              Example of a PM data plate from the historical thread: https://www.growlerforum.com/filedat...h?photoid=3678
              Last edited by W427; 04-03-2022, 07:54 AM.

• Usmc33
              Usmc33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Will Do thanks. I can (barley) see USMC and some numbers under the over paint. I will get more pictures posted. Thanks

Originally posted by Usmc33 View Post
            Thanks. I am in Florida. My Growler was painted over in a military Green/Brown flat color? The owner said there were more the same color when this one was purchased. Has any one seen this color? What does it mean.? (going somewhere?)
            Tom Johansson in Idaho painted at least one that same color scheme. It was sold to a guy in So Cal.
            he had 4 more for sale but they were still painted 383 green in the pictures he sent me.

Greg

Comment

I tried a brown. Thats not it?
              looking to find what color I have.
              If any one knows, I would like #
              Thanks.

Comment

Contact the seller for paint information. We have no way of knowing, as it was apparently repainted after sale. If no joy with the seller, most paint suppliers and retailers have paint color machines (spectrophotometer) to closely match color samples.

Take a painted part into Home Depot, NAPA, or pro paint supplier for them to test your paint color. I would get a small test batch to verify color match before investing in a large quantity, as they are only "close", and final color may need adjustment.

Also, unless you know the brown paint type, you'll likely have to use a "safe" primer-sealer layer or paint blend to prevent lifting, wrinkling, or damaging the brown paint. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Here's the 600 pg. manual for your new vehicle

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1awW...lvvCYz8Mq/view

larry

Comment

Working...
                    X