Insurance for street registered Growler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for street registered Growler

I am curious, those who have license plates and drive these on the street, where are did you get insurance? what do they categorize them as?

Rasmusrentals Hagerty Insurance does MVPA Military vehicles
    Skyhawk

Comment

That's who I went through also

Comment

• 1978ford250
        1978ford250 commented
        Editing a comment
        The Hagerty website says they only do insurance for military vehicles that are 20 + years old. Did they mention anything about that when you got it insured?

Just to follow up about Hagerty..I got a quote from them online but they called today and confirmed that they cant insure the growlers since they are not at least 20 years old. What is everyone else using?

Comment

• JMPogue89
        JMPogue89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Get to a senior underwriter. An Allstate agent got it for me

1978ford250 Same problem not 20yo yet, just confirmed policy with American Modern Property & Casualty Ins Co. 1-800-543-2644 as 2012 general dynamic jeep
      Skyhawk

Comment

• 1978ford250
        1978ford250 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a lot!

• 1978ford250
        1978ford250 commented
        Editing a comment
        By the way, I did get a quote through Progressive and they said it would be roughly $1,100 annually with the USAA discount. I will compare American Modern Property & Casualty Ins to the progressive quote.

I dropped-by my car insurance agent's office, showing him pics of the vehicle and invoice, for addition to my regular policies. While it's not there yet (waiting for title transfer), he said it would just be equivalent rates to a similar year and value Jeep, about $480/year with 100/300, $500 deductible, etc. Higher if I wanted to claim higher value with an appraisal. Rates vary wildly by area and other factors, so that doesn't necessarily mean much to others. I've seen other posts doing the same thing of "just another vehicle in the herd", with reports of $24/mo to the moon for unknown coverage.

Most expensive and restrictive appears to be specialty insurance brokers, which are not necessarily needed. I would start with whomever insures your daily driver, and then other local brokers and agents, treating it as just another Jeep or truck. They sense your fear or apprehension, and if your attitude is that it's something "special", then it certainly will be. LOL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	3205 Successfully insured!!!! So I called an Allstate agent down the road from me. I go through a broker and he ran into some trouble and gave up. When I talked to the Allstate agent I told her that I was trying to do the right thing, that most guys just give up, drive without and take the chance. Who stops a military vehicle anyway right? Well it turns out she called Hagerty. She was told no not once, but three times. She got a hold of the senior underwriter and got them to insure me. I got a 12 month policy for $499. That I can live with. So if you have Allstate agent and they need a little assistance they can call Lissette Beltran. Have them drop my name Justin Pogue

Comment

Good info to have! As-importantly however, is knowing why they said no. It's tough to change the answer if you don't have the basis of denial.
          1. Any idea why each company refused at-first?
          2. Also - and from a different perspective - do you know what made it work for Ms. Beltran and that company?

Comment

I contacted Grundy Worldwide Collector Vehicle Insurance, their underwriter declined my application according to their agent because the 2007 Growler M1163 did not qualify as having "no collector status". Per underwriter, "we are more interested in older military Jeeps". Agent claimed the vehicles that are qualifying are around 40 years old. So if anyone managed to get Grundy insurance, please let me know. I doubt I'll try them again, but they did initially provided the cheapest quote so far.

Comment

I have a broker in San Diego who sold me a policy through Philadelphia Indemnity for a very reasonable price.
              they insure collector cars

Comment

I had my ins through USAA but they were a lot more expensive

Comment

State Farm

Comment

180 every 6 months
                    Attached Files

Comment

I use Pure Insurance. I have a lot of insurance with them however, I'm not sure they will insure a growler as a one off.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat970 View Post
                        180 every 6 months
                        Do you still have the full coverage with state farm? Sounds like they are only doing liability now.

Comment

Working...
                        X