No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting tire leak vs CTIS leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting tire leak vs CTIS leak?

Gents,

I've got one tire that loses air over a 5-7 day period. Wondering how I can trouble shoot to see if it's the actual tire or the CTIS components. I read somewhere I can take the hose and wheel valve off, and if the tire was already aired and stayed aired, then the CTIS components are the culprit? If anyone can shine some light on this I would surely appreciate it.

KillJoy

Just remove the hose from the wheel, put a -4 jic cap on the port then air it up with the schrader valve that is located on the outer part of the rim. That makes it isolated from the CTIS system

Comment

Wear your scuba gear and drive the Itvee into your neighbor's swimming pool. Watch for where the bubbles come from. 😜

Seriously, ITVs had a kit to isolate the CTIS and air-ride systems, containing various caps and plugs. You only need the JIC wheel caps Greg gave for this check. Either your tire pressure or the CTIS pressure will drop over time. Random example of type: https://www.amazon.com/AF-C5129-04-F...qid=1640464172
      W427
      Last edited by W427; 12-25-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X