Dismounting those pain in the ass tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismounting those pain in the ass tires

Found this on the Internet, followed their exact thing. The key thing is having a tire machine to break the back beard as the front is super easy
    Attached Files

wildcat970 Great pics thanks curious to know why you had to remove the tire - was it punctured? And did you replace the O ring? Looks like a nasty job!

edit - OK I got it, sorry Wildcat didn't see the branding on the side - fitting new tires
    Last edited by M1163; 05-02-2020, 02:48 PM.
    Skyhawk

Comment

New skins …😎 New split-wheel studs too? Are those NDs from the Interco Blem List and do you have any impressions to share?

Don't get your white O-rings dirty. 😆 If you are on the left coast, I might be interested in one or all of the old DuraTracs.

Comment

Those were on my Ford 150 until I put a set of 255 85r16’s on. I won three different mud drags with those tires before the bigger ones

Comment

In the future you should just use a run flat compressor. It really makes life so much easier. It's worth every penny. They sell them on ebay for 25 bucks.

Comment

Finally sitting on one point of the suspension waiting on the retainer rings to put the rear and back together and have to get the easy TCU transmission controller since I already put a fight again even though I haven’t driven it, Hoping to get most of my money back on the Fi-tech
            Attached Files

Comment

So, I had a blowout. 🙄 yes it was my fault. Do I need to replace the O-ring each time? Or is it halfway re-useable? Does anyone have a part number or a source for the O-rings? Or I might try a local place called Swan Engineering here in Omaha. I am going back with the same duratracs, bought 2 new one for rear. One was totally blown and one was chunked a bit.

Thanks

Comment

I would replace the o-ring. It's a lot cheaper than those new tires.
                Sorry I don't have a part number but if you have an oring supply place nearby they should be able to match it up.

Comment

Anyone have the torque value of the split wheel studs and lug nuts?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oliveiron try here for o rings https://www.growlerforum.com/forum/g...specs#post1706

try link here for torque settings RM

Skyhawk

Comment

Was just watching a YouTube video of bead locker tire installation on an off-road vehicle. They were using balancing beads for balancing the tires. I'm not too familiar with those. Is that something we could use on our tires? Would it require adding filtered valves if we can?

Comment

I wouldn’t bother as 50 mph is terrifying and I stick with low enough speeds you don’t need balanced tires

Comment

+1 verify you have an issue first. Neither of my Itvees have balance issues to beyond 70 mph, with run-flats installed. I don't typically run that fast, but have, and others faster. Be safe!

BTW - PM122 is getting new slightly puffier 265/75 DuraTrac skins with the combination of holiday sales and Goodyear rebates-by-mail at under $200/tire. I will be selling PM133 (I'm hardly using it down in CA), so it stays with the good 235s it has. I have a truck & equipment tire guy nearby that does MVs, so it's quick and painless (if I cut the o-ring cords).

Comment

Working...
                          X