Civilized M1161

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilized M1161

A Sonalert crystal sounder was added to the directional. Red lead was positive and grayish white was negative. A key switch was inserted in series with the start lead to keep the wrong person from driving it away. 40 inches gives me almost straight CV axles. Measured from the "rails" to the ground. This does not agree with the black lines on the body supposed to be aligned with the top of the tires. Added a plate light tied into the light above it. A rear view mirror is a must by now. I put a Chinese digital voltmeter in the blank. It gives a good indication of battery condx. especially when lights are on or glow plugs are in the circuit before starting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3141.JPG Views:	21 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	6474 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3138.JPG Views:	14 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	6475 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3139.JPG Views:	13 Size:	103.5 KB ID:	6476 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3142.JPG Views:	14 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	6477 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3140.JPG Views:	13 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	6478 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3143.JPG Views:	14 Size:	95.6 KB ID:	6479
    Last edited by M1161; 10-12-2021, 12:43 PM.

Thanks for posting those, as I like to see optional useful mods others are doing. 😎
    I also inserted a voltmeter into the punch-out blank, but with two USB ports and a dust cap. Don't know if I'll ever need the USB power, but WTH.
    I also used a tubular switch, but a different location. 👍 I'm also installing a remote master power switch that is unlocked with my phone.
    I'm liking a bit lower suspension, and found moving the front sway bar links one hole stiffer improves handling. It also reduces flex a bit for off-road, but many remove the links for serious wheeling anyway, so... 🤷‍♂️ I'll post some pics soon, now that I've beat COVID and feel human again.

Comment

Working...
    X