Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M1161 Gun Ring Parts and rear rollcage parts sold on GovPlanet today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1161 Gun Ring Parts and rear rollcage parts sold on GovPlanet today?

I stumbled on some Gun Ring Parts during today's auction in time to realize they sold for a bit more than I could explain to my wife LOL. Hoping that someone on this site was the lucky winner and wants to either sell a set or two, or at a minimum would send some detailed pictures. I was planning on reverse engineering them from pictures, as I did not know that they would be Demil'ed. Thanks!

AR

If it makes you feel better, the auction was just one side of the gun rings and one of the two necessary stanchions. Hoping they atleast auction the other half.
    Pedigree: April 2010 build,SN: LSV118, RN: 626540, revisions unknown but doubtful...my girl looks like she was forgotten out back behind the barn...

Comment

• ascal454
      ascal454 commented
      Editing a comment
      You sure about that just one side of the gun ring? Looks like the the right and left side are the same with the front and back connectors of the ring missing? What do you think?

-YES- and can you--BELIEVE how much they brought- !-!-!
    -The -NOS engine last week was a bargain at --"only"- -$5000- comared to today
    W-onder who bought that stuff

Comment

-Prices on a lot of -Gov-Planet are ridiculously high....not like the -"-Good O-ld Days-" with -Gov-Liquidation...
      -Also, their Customer --Services and Sales Tax departments are -T-ER-RI-BLE to deal with....never get a reply

Comment

• BFGOrdnance
        BFGOrdnance commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I get an AMEN! The Gov-Liquidation days were very special indeed. One of our M923s with 2400 miles on it for $4500.... those were the days.The tires were so new they has whiskers on the treads still.

• Jlfsu
        Jlfsu commented
        Editing a comment
        I walked away with a Diesel Chevy K15 with 1200 miles, needed a new fuel fill ose and battery, started and drove down the road. Still driving (good friend of mine has it.) Out the door, $980. Man I miss Gov Liq.

The parts that sold in Georgia were more than likely from the Growlers sold there, they should hopefully be selling the California ones here soon.
      maybe money bags will run low on cash after some time. Let him sit on those parts. He is buying the parts they took off of our Growlers. and will want us to pay top dollar for them. If we don’t buy them he won’t be able to sell them to anyone else as they only fit the 400 growlers in existence.

Comment

• M1163
        M1163 commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree - damn scalpers. Seco parts paid $220 for each windshield and are asking $2750 ea

What if the guy who bought the lot for big bucks is like you...more than likely a guy who served, who wants to own a cool military vehicle, needs the parts to keep it running and as original as possible, dosen't want to make a dime profit but is selling the parts to brake even.....which includes not adding the cost of the 1 part he keeps to his brothers. A prediitor will add hundreds if not thousands to the cost of the part. Just curious. Guys, please weigh in as I bought the gun rails with the thought of passing them to you....and not making a dime profit.

Comment

ascal454 ,

I appreciate your response. I think we all were hoping that someone with integrity was the person to purchase, I know I was! It seems there has been some that buy the stuff and sell it at 100x it's price. Which honestly this is America and that is legal to do, it just sucks for us. I also think that we all are very like minded in one way or another, and can be of good help to each and there is great dudes on this forum doing just that. I appreciate your post.

Tony
        Last edited by killjoy35; 05-29-2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

The guy that bought the gun rings is actually a super nice guy. Honest with integrity. He has the desire to put them together correctly, and is willing to sell the remaining parts at cost. I dont see how that is anything but a help to our community. The parts are expensive, yes, but that is controlled by an auction, not his choice. The comment on letting him sit on the parts doesn't help our community.
          dave

Comment

seco parts is in Georgia, just North of Atlanta. In case anyone was wondering

Comment

Originally posted by ascal454 View Post
              What if the guy who bought the lot for big bucks is like you...more than likely a guy who served, who wants to own a cool military vehicle, needs the parts to keep it running and as original as possible, dosen't want to make a dime profit but is selling the parts to brake even.....which includes not adding the cost of the 1 part he keeps to his brothers. A prediitor will add hundreds if not thousands to the cost of the part. Just curious. Guys, please weigh in as I bought the gun rails with the thought of passing them to you....and not making a dime profit.
              I’m glad you are wanting to help, I’m just kinda going off of whoever has been buying up most of the parts and listing them way way high on eBay, a box full of trans computers sold pretty cheap on govplanet but are for sale for $2800. Wheel regulator covers same thing, and now listed for $80.

Im glad you got them and are not planning on marking them up 1000% like most of the other parts.
              I apologize but was just getting fed up.

Comment

ascal454 thanks for providing a balanced reply. I have found the greedy profiteering disgusting and my comments relate to that activity only. I really appreciate your approach and wish you every success with your project. Paul
                Skyhawk

Comment

You have guys not on this forum that have LSV/PMS that are bidding and guys who do milsurplus as a business. Im free market and market will dictate the price,its not gouging or profiteering , its taking a gamble that you buy something and can sell it. None of us are going to sell our LSV/PM for what we paid we have time and money in them and took a risk we did not get a complete turd, or paid less to get a turd.

A better approach might be to team up, not bid against each other so the prices stay low and group buy the parts we need. Group buys are tricky but I found parts on the east coast but the added freight adds to the cost. Anyone who wants to team up on parts let me know. I dont need 10 windshields or 17 bars but I did need 6 turret mounts and 2 bars. I can have the parts made for cheaper than they are selling for if you have one as a pattern. I did this for hmmwv parts.

We are bidding against each other , we can scope out the auctions and figure out a way to post items and split if guys have interest. I bid on items I needed only to get run way up and end up with broken winch, flat tires and rusty bushings. That is part of the game.

Comment

I'm thinking that buyer who paid astronomical prices for parts last week may be someone who is reselling to foreign governments
                    DLA used to have a whole section called Foreign Govt Sales (FGS) that sold stuff even we collectors can't buy...I don't know if FGS is still "alive" but I do know of a couple US companies that bought non-restricted stuff and then resold OCONUS
                    That could explain the crazy high prices...
                    Just IMHO

Comment

I'm looking for a set of doors and understand there might be some coming up in a GovPlanet auction....I only need one set so if there are a bunch in one lot, I'd be agreeable to "sharing"....
                      I have good contact for picking up at the Albany,GA lot...

Comment

• JMPogue89
                        JMPogue89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'll jump in with you. i would like two of them but one will do as a pattern. Also if anyone has the small sections for the back that they can lay out take pictures and provide measurements, that would be awesome.

• Jerald
                        Jerald commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Glenger, I have a set of front doors I don’t plan on reinstalling, not in the best of shape, need recovering. Willing to trade for a rear roll bar. Email me.

Bidding right now on gun ring supports, only need 6 , someone keeps bidding let me know if you need 4 dont want to run this up to stupid levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X