TLC Completed ready to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLC Completed ready to go

Here is the link to my YouTube video on re-conditioning an M1161 including mounting an MK-19 Automatic Grenade Launcher (for parade display).

Rasmusrentals Greg - great update keep’em coming. Nice work on the armament - should turn a few heads 👍
    Skyhawk

Comment

Did you have the parts numbers from mcmaster carr for the roll cage and hood clevis pins.

Comment

The Clevis pins for the hood are 98416A531 $2.56 each.
        For the roll cage 98416A130 $2.25 each.

Comment

• kgc002
          kgc002 commented
          Editing a comment
          Where can you order these Clevis pins?

Greg , when you get a chance the confirmed ball joint part numbers would be great too. I probably should order a couple of spares given the damage to my steering hyd. Cylinder! Cheers Paul
        Skyhawk

Comment

Lower Ball joint
          Moog K8695T
          There is a slight difference but it is not any concern. It is all in spec. The top (opposite end from the shaft) from the snap ring to the top where the grease zerk is, the old one is a little longer, it sit up past the bore farther. But the snap ring is in the correct spot and all else is the same. I'm not sure if it was a design change along with the new style rubber boot.

I'm not sure if you want these pictures here or in another thread but here you go.

Greg
          Click image for larger version  Name:	New Ball joint.jpg Views:	0 Size:	942.9 KB ID:	3229Click image for larger version  Name:	ball joint.jpg Views:	0 Size:	675.4 KB ID:	3230

Comment

• W427
            W427 commented
            Editing a comment
            +1. For a list of vehicles to use in shopping, see the link here: https://www.growlerforum.com/forum/g...ritis#post1130 There are many manufacturers of this common joint, with slight differences in style, but same functionality.

• M1163
            M1163 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Greg I have ordered a couple of spares

KGC002 you can look for this part number 98416A531 on McMaster.com McMaster-carr

Comment

Working...
          X